Успехи израильской медицины во многом предопределены тем, что научные исследования направлены не только на совершенствование высоких технологий, но также и на поиск эффективных методик …
Доктор Ран Эмануэль
Attending Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
2009-2010 Fellow, Head & Neck Surgery and Microvascular Reconstruction
Beth Israel Medical Center, New York
2005-2009 Resident, Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
2004-2005 Intern, General Surgery Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
2000-2004 Technion Institute of Technology Medical School, Haifa, Israel
M.D. 06/2004 – Summa Cum Laude Graduate
1999-2000 Touro College, Bayshore, NY
M.S. Interdisciplinary Biological and Physical Sciences
1995-1998 Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel B.Sc. Medical Sciences
2010-current Israel 97877
2009-current New York 60-253407
2006-current Minnesota 48556
2007-current Arizona 67941
-AAO-HNSF Humanitarian Resident Travel Grant – Face-to-Face Cambodia Medical Mission – 2008
-Mayo International Health Program – Travel Scholarship. Face-to-Face Cambodia Medical Mission – 2008
-Professor Jacob Green Award for Outstanding Academic Achievements -2003
- Technion Faculty of Medicine Scholarship for work as a physician assistant –2002
- Glaxo Wellcome Scholarship for Public Health Education in Brazil – 1998
6. PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND SOCIETIES
-Israel Society of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery- Active Member – 2010 -current
-Israeli Medical Society- 2010—current – active member
-Israel Society Oncology Head Neck Surgery- 2010—current – active member
-American Board of Otolaryngology—Certified active member – 2010-current
-American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery [AAO-
-Minnesota Association of Otolaryngology – 2004-current
-American Medical Association- member 2004-current
7. EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
a. Teaching Activities
i. Glomus Tympanicum; October 3, 2005. Mayo Clinic. Grand Rounds
ii. Clinical Anatomy of the Head and Neck; July 2006; Lecture to Saint Marys Hospital operating room staff.
iii. Care for the Head and Neck patient; October 2006; Lecture to Otolaryngology nursing staff.
iv. Progressive Hemifacial Atrophy; November 20, 2006. Grand Rounds
v. Robotic Assisted Surgery in the Head and Neck; February 11, 2008. Grand rounds
vi. The adult patient with hearing loss & ocular symptoms; November 11, 2008. Grand Rounds
vii. Head and Neck Reconstruction conference. Lip Reconstruction; November 12, 2009.
viii. Head and Neck Reconstruction conference. Tongue reconstruction. February 11, 2010.
ix. Head and Neck Reconstruction conference. Pharyngoesophageal reconstruction; March 11, 2010.
x. Head and Neck Reconstruction conference. Scalp Reconstruction; May 13, 2010.
xi. Head and Neck Reconstruction conference. Orbital reconstruction. June 10, 2010.
b. Honors and Awards for Education
i. Scientific Poster Award for Retrospective Institutional Review of Otorhinolarynoglogical Manifestations of Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid; 2nd Place, Combined secions meeting, February 14th-18th, 2007. Marco Island, Fl.
c. Academic Career Development:
i. Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Head and Neck Surgery. Mount Sinai Medical Center, NY, February 8-11, 2007. Course
ii. CO2 Laser Surgery in Otolaryngology Head and Neck surgery. Albany Medical Center. November 29-30, 2007. Course
iii. AO Multidiscpilinary Management of Head and Neck Cancer 2008. Tarrytown, New York. April 9-10, 2008. Course
iv. AO Challenges and Advances. Focus: Hands on Course in Free Flap Reconstruction of Head and Neck defects. April 11-13, 2008. Course
v. Mayo Microvascular surgery training course (40 Hours). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. April 2008 Course
vi. AO State of the Art Craniofacial Microsurgery Reconstruction. Baltimore, Maryland. March 13-15, 2008. Course
vii. Microsurgery Training Course. Columbia University. New York, New York.
viii. Free Flap Reconstruction of Head and Neck Defects: A Multidisciplinary Approach. White Plains, New York. March 21-24, 2010. Course
ix. 19th Annual Course Controversies in the Management of of Thyroid and Parathyroid Diseases. White Plains, New York. March 24-27, 2010. Course
i. Instructor in HIV/AIDS education; High School lectures, 1997-1999, Israel
ii. Middle East Educataional Workshop on HIV/AIDS, 1998 Israel. Instructor HIV/AIDS educational courses; Brazil, 1998
8. PRESENTATIONS AT REGIONAL, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL MEETINGS
- A new clinical association: Type I laryngeal Cleft and Common Variable Immunodeficiency. SENTAC, 10/2006, San Francisco, CA.
- Retrospective Institutional Review of Otorhinolarynoglogical Manifestations of Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid. Triological Society Combined Section Meetings, 2/2007, Marco Island, FL.
- Chondroblastoma of the skull and facial bones; A review of 10 cases. Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting. 04/2007, San Diego, CA.
- Peak Flow Meter and Progression of Recurrent Subglottic Stenosis. American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Annual meeting, 9/2007, Washington, DC.
- The use of a single trans-cricothyroid membrane EMG electrode to monitor bilateral recurrent laryngeal nerve function. Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting. 05/2008. Orlando, FL.
- The transoral surgical anatomy of the Oropharynx, Hypopharynx and Larynx. American Head and Neck Society, 7th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer, 7/2008, San Francisco, CA.
- Indicators of Autoimmune Inflammation in Idiopathic Subglottic Stenosis. American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Annual meeting, 9/2008, Chicago, IL.
- Malignant Melanoma of the External Ear: prognosis and treatment. 12th World Congress on Cancers of the Skin. 04/2009. Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Microvascular free tissue transfer to the head and neck in the obese patient.
Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting. 04/2009. Scottsdale, AZ.
The feasibility of transoral robotic assisted supraglottic laryngectomy. Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting. 04/2009. Scottsdale, AZ.
- Neurosarcoidosis affecting the vagal nerve; case series and review of literature. Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting. 04/2009. Scottsdale, AZ.
- The Use of Unilateral Galeopericranial Flaps for Closure of Sino-Orbital CutaneousFistulas. Triological Society Combined Sections Meeting . 02/2010. Orlando, Florida.
- Not all tracheal masses are thyroidal in origin – rare tracheal tumors. Annual AACE meeting. 04/2010. Boston, MA.
- Prior Gastric Bypass Surgery Complicating Total Thyroidectomy. Annual AACE meeting. 04/2010. Boston, MA.
a. Full length, peer reviewed, original articles
Matto Yelin M. Aitken A. Ravid S. 14-3-3 Inhibits the Dictyostelium Myosin II Heavy-Chain-specific Protein Kinase C Activity by a Direct Interaction: Identification of the 14-3-3 Binding Domain. Mol. Bio. Cell 8:1889-1899 – acknowledgment for assistance in the research while in my second undergraduate year
Nisenblat V, Alon E, Barak S, Gonen R, Bader D, Ohel G. Fetal heart rate patterns and neurodevelopmental outcome in very low birth weight infants.
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2006;85(7):792-6.
Alon EE, Hinni ML. The use of a single trans-cricothyroid membrane EMG electrode to monitor bilateral recurrent laryngeal nerve function- The Laryngoscope
Alon EE, Ekbom DC. Neurosarcoidosis affecting the vagal nerve; case series and review of literature. Annals of Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology.
Alon EE, Kasperbauer JL, Olsen KD, Moore EJ. The feasibility of transoral robotic assisted supraglottic laryngectomy. Accepted for publication
Mehta V, Alon EE, Buchbinder D, Urken ML. Novel Use of Unilateral Galeopericranial Flaps for Closure of Sino-Orbital Cutaneous Fistulas. Submitted for publication
Alfonso B, Jacobson AS, Alon EE, Urken ML, Via MA. Prior Gastric Bypass Surgery Complicating Total Thyroidectomy. Submitted for publication.
Alon EE, Erickson L, Olsen KD, Moore EJ, Kasperbauer JL. Malignant Melanoma of the External Ear: prognosis and treatment.
Alon EE, Moore EJ. Microvascular free tissue transfer to the head and neck in the obese patient.
Alon EE, Moore, EJ. The transoral surgical anatomy of the oropharynx, tongue base, larynx, and hypopharynx.
Alon EE, Camilleri MJ, Friedman O. Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid presenting with Otorhinolaryngological manifestations- an institutional Review.
Alon EE, Inwards CY, Moore EJ. Chondroblastoma of the skull and facial bones: A review of 10 cases.
Alon EE, Urken ML. Not all tracheal masses are thyroidal in origin – rare tracheal tumors
Alon EE, Vivas E, Kazam E, Urken ML. Tubercle of Zuckerkandle – A normal thyroid variant than can mimic other normal and pathologic central compartment entities